27.11.2011 Added workaround “Grouping objects in one image”
Microsoft OneNote is a great application to gather information across other apps.
Its also great because often it does things different and better than other Microsoft apps (example: no saving required).
But unlike PowerPoint it has no functionality to group objects.
That is a missing feature that makes things sometimes hard.
Two workarounds can help in some cases:
1) Grouping objects with tables
- Insert a table and put objects into the table. This way the table is becoming a “group of objects”.
2) Grouping objects as one image
- Select all objects that belong to group with the Lasso (or whatever else)
- Right click and copy the selected objects
- Important: Paste as “Picture” as shown in the screenshot below. Onenote will create out of all copied objects one image.
Those workarounds are no great? If you have a better solution let us know. Or let the product manager of OneNote know that you would like to get a proper solution in the next release of OneNote 2012! Others did before you.
November 23rd, 2010 at 9:30 pm and is filed under AcrossApps, Good Ideas, Issues explained, Recommended Products. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.